Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer

Have 4650 jet printer.  Printing pdf. 1st page was fine, 2nd came out as negative, ie., all black with white letters.  Can't seem to fix.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @bearbonky,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing an issue with the printer settings or the PDF file itself. Let's troubleshoot:

Printer Settings:

• Check the printer settings to ensure that there are no settings like "Negative" or "Invert Colors" enabled.
  • Make sure the printer driver is up-to-date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause printing issues.

PDF File:

• Try printing a different PDF file to see if the issue persists. If the problem only occurs with one specific PDF file, it could be a problem with that file.
  • Open the PDF file on your computer and check if the pages appear as expected. If they do, the issue is likely with the printing process.

Software/Drivers:

• If you're printing directly from a browser, try saving the PDF file to your computer and then printing it from Adobe Acrobat Reader or another PDF viewer.
  • Reinstall the printer drivers on your computer to ensure they are properly installed.

Hardware:

• Check the printer for any visible issues such as stuck paper or ink cartridges that need replacing.
  • Run a printer cleaning cycle to ensure that the print heads are clean and functioning properly.

Refer to this document:  HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer series User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.