Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7720 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I print a photo on 4x6 photo paper it comes out ok, but if i load A3 paper it comes out almost monochrome with just a hint of colour. Just wildly wrong.  Why would changing paper (both are Canon phot paper) affect the print output?

Thanks for any suggestions

Mike

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@theferret, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

This model printer supports printing on A3 photo paper as per the printer specifications. However, it is recommended that you use HP photo papers.

Update the printer firmware

Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your computer.

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Which app are you using to print?

Check the print settings on the app you are using to print.

Select the right paper type and paper size before printing.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It seems extremely unlikely that using a different photopaper would basically turn a colour print into almost monochrome? I'd expect some slight changes of tone at most.    I used Permajet and Canon A3 paper with same issue but Canon 4x6 was fine 

I'm printing out of lightroom. There is a firmware update so i'll try that first. 

It seems to me its setting to A3 that is causing the problem but I can only prove that buy spending more money on HP A3 paper? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

actually firmware is up to date so its not that

HP Recommended

@theferret

Try printing from a different application and check if the issue persists.

You may also use the HP Smart app to print.

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.