Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 63
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is an honest question.  Is there any kind of ink cartridge quality control?  I have had 2 ink cartridges completely fail where they won't print anything within a couple of weeks of using the cartridge, and those are the only 2 ink cartridges I have used with my printer.   I have run through every troubleshooting step, with absolutely no success.  I don't print frequently, so by the time I get fed up with the poorly printed pages, the warranties are probably expired.  Has anyone else experienced this where a cartridge completely stops using Ink, even when there is more than half the ink left in the cartridge?  Is it the printer doing this?  2 for 2 bad cartridges at $30-$50 a pop is kinda ridiculous.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello! Try cleaning the ink cartridge nozzles once they have stood for a long time, they must be dry, in an ultrasonic bath for a few seconds, or on wet kitchen paper to press the forehead of the cartridges for a few minutes is also possible! Once uncorked, they should leave a trail of ink on dry paper.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.