Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

AS1234as_0-1653639662936.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@AS1234as, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand there are black horizontal lines on the printouts. 

Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Check the ink levels, clean the printhead up to 2 times, and print a test page to check the result.

If the issue persists, replace the black ink cartridge and check if that helps. If you have already tried an alternate ink cartridge and the issue persists,

• I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue.
  • In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi

i did at least 3 times cleaning and replaced the cartridge. i still have the extra line that seemed to me every time that the printer head is moving while printing. is it a damage in the printer head? if yes, can it be replaced?

HP Recommended

@AS1234as

The printhead in this model printer is non-removable. It cannot be replaced. If the printer is out of warranty, I suggest you upgrade the printer. You may visit Hp Store to check the available printers.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

question: why you cannot diagnose the male function from the page that i have submitted? is it the first time that you encounter such issue?

HP Recommended

which model of your current printers is using the same ink as this one?

HP Recommended

can you please diagnose the male function? is it  a demmage in the printer head?

HP Recommended

Based on the scan of your print it appears the printhead may have some debris hanging from the printhead that is dragging ink on the paper.  I would suggest cleaning the underside of the carriage as shown in the first part of the video here.  When you get to 2:07 in the video stop, it will not be necessary (or desirable) to clean the ink ports as shown later in the video.  At this point move the carriage back away from the paper towel.  Remove the paper towel and discard it.  Replace the cartridges, plug the printer in and test if this has resolved the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

hi Bob

Thank you for your diagnosis. 

Unfortunately the "HP expert" explain me (see above emails) that it is hardware malfunction and recommend me to "upgrade' the printer. 

Since a printer is something that I am working with, I went out and upgrade it, means, buying  a new one, throwing away ink in the amount of about 250$..(Israel prices...).....

That the kind of service that I am getting from HP.

HP Recommended

Bob,

In  a second thought, since I still have the old printer, I will try to clean it and to save at least the ink.

I will come back to you with the results.

Asher

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.