Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-18-2022 02:46 PM
I removed a paper jam from my printer. 8 x 10 paper won't print but feeds through fine and looks like it's printing. I CAN print from the photo tray. I have Windows 10 but not sure what bit. If nobody has an answer, does anyone know what number to call? I'm out of warranty. I'd be happy to pay a fee. I don't want to drag my printer to a repair shop and wait a week. Thank you.
07-18-2022 04:40 PM
Welcome to the HP User Community.
Printer was released in August 2014
About the Paper Jam - Check / Clean / Reset - Steps provided in the order to be completed
When the printer is ready to print on regular paper and passes the checks, continue...
I found reference that indicates this printer supports Custom Paper Sizes.
Paper Handling - ADF
Paper Handling - Duplex
and another off-line reference (not public):
|Media Size||A4; Letter; Legal; B5|
|Media Sizes Custom (imperial)||3.85 x 8.5 to 5 x 14 in|
|Media Sizes Custom (metric)||97.79 x 215 to 127 x 355 mm|
|Media Types||Paper (plain, inkjet, photo), envelopes, transparencies, labels, cards, the HP premium media, iron-on transfers, borderless media|
|Media Weight Recommended (imperial)||18 to 22 lb|
|Media Weight Recommended (metric)||70 to 90 g/m²|
|Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (Imperial)||16 to 72 lb|
|Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (metric)||Tray 1: A4: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP Photo Paper: up to 250 g/m²; HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 250 g/m²|
What to do?
Try / Consider
- Try creating a Custom Paper Size Form for your 8x10 inch paper.
- After the form is created, load the paper in the main printer tray
- Alert the printer to the paper size & type of paper being used - Tray and Paper Management (printer display panel or EWS)
- Open your printing software / application
- Set up the current job, including the content type (photo / document), paper size / type, and source (Tray).
- If you have the Full Feature Software (full driver printer software) installed, after the form is created, it will be added to the Printer Dialog (software) in available paper sizes.
- Remember that the media type must also be selected.
Custom Paper Size Form
Paper Size & Type - Tray and Paper Management
Example - HP Smart - Windows - Simple Photo Print - 5x7 inch - Borderless
HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community