Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4435

I am getting the dreaded “Cover is Open” error on my printer and nothing that has been a suggested resolution has helped my cause. I’m trying to figure out if there is any possible way to override this error (the Cover is closed) so that the printer can keep printing. 😞 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@RAnneB Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting the “Cover open” message on your Deskjet printer. I will certainly try and help you fix this error  Try the steps below:

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Now, open and then close the cartridge access door of your printer. Make sure the cartridge door is closed tightly.
  • Also, make sure the rear access door is closed tightly. Open and close the same with little force.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle and check.

Also, check the steps mentioned here if the issue persists: http://hp.care/2dSUBf0

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.