Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-25-2022 01:31 PM
Every time I print it just says "Out of paper" despite there being paper in the tray. I have followed the tutorials to clean the rollers, I have checked for foreign objects and nothing has helped fix the issue. I am happy to service but every time I try to contact HP to see if I can purchase parts they just send me round in circles.
02-28-2022 11:59 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
Power resetting the printer, updating the printer firmware and cleaning the paper feed rollers may resolve this issue. Let us try these steps:
Step 1: Reset the printer
- 1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- 2. Wait at least 60 seconds.
- 3. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- 4. Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- 5. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Step 2: Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest firmware from your computer.
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
Step 3: Perform steps 1 and 2 from this document.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community