Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 7610
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I cleared a paper jam from the inside and inadvertently disconnected the plastic ribbon that the carriage rides on, at the left side of the printer. The right side is still connected. Please advise!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Probably calibration strip got hooked off on the left side. There is no easy way to get it back in place, you will hardly do it with your hand without printer disassembly.

If it looks like this that is the calibration ( encoder) strip:

Screenshot from 2021-12-07 20_00_25.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You are 100% correct, that’s the culprit!!! Is there hope for reattaching it if it take off the right side panel, and darn it , where does it attach on the left side? It is not obvious.

The machine is otherwise perfectly fine, so it’s worth it to fix it  if I can! 

Thank you for taking the time to respond. 

HP Recommended

It's complicated to describe with words and to disassemble to get it back.  There is no tool to do it without disassembly, When you theard it the right way you will see where it hooks back.

Try to find a YT video if you want to accept challenges with the repair.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

And… a professional may be able to fix it then… any suggestions for repair shops in Los Angeles?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.