Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-04-2021 03:54 AM - edited 07-04-2021 04:02 AM
The printer does not allow me to print because it keeps telling me that there is no paper, it tells me that the tray is empty but the paper is there. I have tried several times to open the tray and reposition the paper, I have also tried to turn the printer off and on again but it keeps telling me the same thing that it cannot print because it is out of paper. I specify that I only use HP paper to avoid compatibility problems with the printer. Can anyone help me please? Thank you.
07-07-2021 05:16 AM - edited 07-07-2021 05:16 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community
I would like to help
Please try these steps
- Turn on the printer.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the printer. If your printer has a network or wireless connection, leave it connected.
- Remove the ink cartridges from the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
- Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
- Reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
Also ensure the printer has the latest Firmware https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16
Next follow the instructions in Step 3 from this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05556825 to clean the paper rollers
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community