Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9022e All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've recently bought a printer with an automatic duplexer.

But however I had previously an printer that had an duplexer,but in some way the duplexer was broken.

So it didn't matter wich option I choosen on my older printer. The print always became printed on wrong side, so I just gave up and used manual printing( every page individualy)

However since it's possibel to print on either Portrait or Landscape.

Since it's also possibel to choose between; Short or Long hand side flip.

But however since there are any clear instructions for wich side is suitable for either Portrait or Landscape printing.

Since I also had bad experiences in the past,I also assume that modern printers have the same issue.

So for an example if I have an Office Jet Pro 9022e.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Tompa25,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When using a duplex printer like the Office Jet Pro 9022e, setting up your printer for duplex printing (printing on both sides of the paper) can vary based on whether you want to print in portrait or landscape orientation. Generally, the printer settings allow you to choose how the paper should flip between the two sides, which affects how the text and images are oriented on the printed pages.

Understanding Duplex Printing Options:

Portrait vs. Landscape Orientation:

• Portrait orientation is the default and most common setup where the content is printed with the longer side of the paper vertical.
  • Landscape orientation rotates the content 90 degrees so that the longer side of the paper is horizontal.

Flip on Long Edge vs. Short Edge:

• Flip on Long Edge: This is typically used for portrait orientation. The flip (or binding edge) is on the long side of the paper. It ensures that the top of the page on one side is aligned with the top on the other side, similar to how a book or notebook opens.
  • Flip on Short Edge: This is typically used for landscape orientation. The flip is on the short side of the paper. It’s useful for creating flip charts or binders where you turn pages upwards.

Setting Up Duplex Printing on Office Jet Pro 9022e:

Given your past experiences with duplex printing issues, here's a step-by-step guide to ensure correct duplex printing on your new printer:

Access Printer Properties:

• When printing a document, go to the print setup or printer properties dialog box. This is usually accessible via the 'Print' button in your document editor like Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF reader.

Select Duplex Printing:

• Check or select the option that enables duplex (two-sided) printing. This might be labeled as "Print on both sides" or similar.

Choose Flip Option:

• For portrait documents, select “Flip on Long Edge.”
  • For landscape documents, select “Flip on Short Edge.”

Preview and Test:

• If available, use the preview feature to see how the document will look once printed. This can help catch any issues before printing multiple pages.
  • Consider printing a test page to ensure everything aligns correctly and meets your expectations.

Adjust as Necessary:

• If the test page doesn't come out right, double-check your settings. Ensure that the paper orientation in the printer tray matches your selection in the print settings.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.