Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hi I have recently gotten an HP Envy 6234 and am having multiple issues trying to print photos,.  I have tried 3 different brands of photo paper now all 6x4 gloss  including the HP Samples and I am getting either printer out of paper or paper jam messages.

I managed to print 4 photos at first with no issues now matter what I do or try it either won't take the paper from the photo tray and says out of paper or,.    Will take the paper then run it all the way through and out without printing on it and state a paper jam.      Have I got a faulty unit or am I missing something basIC ? .   I have tried most of the methods suggested in the help sections to no avail.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @zmole,

I'd like to help!

I understand you are receiving an "out of paper" error.

Try the below suggestions-

Check the paper, and then reload it

Check the paper stack for defects such as wrinkled, torn, or bent pieces that might cause a pick-up issue.

1. Remove any paper from the paper tray.

2. Remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn paper found in the stack.

3. Check for obstructions inside the paper tray. Make sure nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers.

4. Make sure the paper stack is even on all sides.

5. Load the stack of paper into the paper tray.

Examples of loading paper

6. Close or push in the paper tray.

7. Select the correct paper size on the printer control panel or in the printer software.

Clean the paper pick rollers

Clean dirt or debris from the paper pick rollers to resolve paper feed issues.

• Clean the paper pick rollers (top paper tray)
  • Clean the paper pick rollers (under printer)
  • Clean the paper pick rollers (inside printer)

Reset the printer

Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. If your printer has a rechargeable battery, remove it.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

3. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

4. Wait 60 seconds.

5. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: 

HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

6. Turn on the printer to complete the reset.

For instructions, refer to -An 'Out of Paper' error displays, the printer does not pick paper

Also, try the steps in the document -Print photos with an HP printer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.