Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-27-2022 11:36 AM
Keep getting an error message that the photo tray is blocked and it cannot get pass it to print. Searched the whole printer and there is noting blocking it. The printer is 3 years old. I don't frequently use it so has it worn itself out and now the photo tray which I've never printed a photo on this printer. Can't find anywhere in my city to take and have it looked at
10-05-2022 10:44 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a photo tray error, I am glad to assist you.
Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly
- This error can occur if the printer trays are installed incorrectly. Make sure the printer is located on a flat surface, and then make sure the photo tray moves smoothly within the paper tray guides.
- Make sure the printer is positioned on a flat surface.
- Push in the output tray extender.
- Pull out the input tray, but do not remove it.
- Remove the output tray.
- Make sure the photo tray is seated correctly, and that the photo tray guide tabs (grey) are sliding beneath the main tray guides (black) on both the left and right side of the input tray.
- If they are not in the correct position, gently move the photo tray to align the tab gaps, and then gently press the tabs back into position.
- The photo tray should move freely with no resistance.
- Reinstall the output tray, and then make sure the edges line up with the input tray.
- Try to print.
- If the error persists, try printing or copying a document with the output tray removed.
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community