Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank 551 series
Microsoft Windows 11

The error is 4 paper jam.  I have checked all areas and can not see any paper inside the printer.  The printer head is stuck on the left side and does not move.   I cannot print. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@PatMossman

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Since the carriage is stuck, try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-smart-tank-plus-550-wireless-all-in-one-series/18695928/mode...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I've checked all possible places but there is no paper jam. The cartridges will not move to either side so I assume there's another problem.

HP Recommended

@Church-NYC

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have?

Let us know 🙂

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty, My printer is a HP Laserjet Pro 6978. I talked to HP Tech Support this morning and w'eve tried every possible solution without success-it appears to be a hardware problem that can't be fixed so unfortunately I need to buy a new printer. Thanks anyway. 

HP Recommended

@Church-NYC

I understand.

Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a nice day and stay safe!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.