Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-05-2022 11:22 AM
I own HP Inkjet 5222 printer and it worked fine till last week and now when I try to print and getting paper jam error, checked inside the printer and no jammed paper found, watched hp related paper jam videos and tried all but still no luck. Anyone faced similar problem and fixed it? Please let me know. I have short timeline to print my daughter school projects.
09-10-2022 02:23 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a paper issue with your HP OfficeJet 5222 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP DeskJet, OfficeJet 5200 Printers - A 'Paper Jam' Error
If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community