Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-24-2022 05:56 PM
Was successfully printing on Index Weight paper. Today it is getting stuck and not feeding through. Regular print paper goes through. My printer is one year old.
04-04-2022 12:06 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
To assist better -
What is the size and weight of the index card you are using?
What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device?
Keep me posted.
04-04-2022 01:20 PM
I am using regular printer paper, have not done index weight again. I have tried printing from everything. It just keeps trying to pick up the paper I guess, then I get the flashing E and 4. Have tries pressing the green arrow and just makes noise like it is trying and paper does not get picked up at all. I keep checking to see if it gets stuck, but does not even get picked up. So I open the paper tray and the paper that was supposed to go through is torn at the top and bent on the right side more than the left. But is clearly not working. a
04-05-2022 01:03 PM - edited 04-05-2022 01:05 PM
Try the steps below to resolve the E4 error-
Step 1: Automatically clear the jam
Press the Cancel button to try and automatically clear the paper jam.
If the paper jam error persists, continue these steps to manually clear the jam.
Step 2: Clear jammed paper from the printer
Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.
- Clear jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area
- Clear jammed paper from the input tray and cleanout area
- Clear jammed paper from the document feeder (DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage and ENVY Pro 6400)
Step 3: Clean the paper feed rollers
Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues.
- Clean the rollers inside the ink cartridge access area
- Clean the rollers underneath the printer
- Clean the rollers in the ADF
Try to print. If the error persists, check for jammed paper in another area of the printer.
Step 4: Reset the printer
Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the power source.
Wait 60 seconds.
Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
For instructions refer to -E4 (Paper Jam) Error
If the error persists,
- I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community