Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-12-2022 04:03 PM - last edited on 07-14-2022 06:03 PM by RodrigoB
I have the ERROR 3 message popping up on my printer. I've cleared the paper jam itself, popped the ink cartridges on and off, and have turned the printer on and off multiple times in varies ways to "reset it". And I am still getting the same error message.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
07-15-2022 09:17 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting carriage jam error, I am glad to assist you.
Perform a power reset , Reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.
- Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
- Turn on the printer.
Update the printer firmware to install the latest updates
Here are the steps:- Click here
Refer to this HP document for further assistance:- Click here
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community