Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-13-2022 12:41 PM
I'm trying to setup a printer with a person that is working remotely.
At setup, the printer is keep asking to feed photo paper, this on the initial setup, is brand new printer out of the box and cannot be setup.
The shelf is open and letter paper is there, and the shelf for paper photos is not there as we do not needed but the shelf is open as stated on this video: Unbox and Set Up HP ENVY Inspire 7200, 7200e, 7900, 7900e AiO Printers | HP Printers | @HPSupport - ...
We do not understand what to do and why the printer keeps asking for photo paper at the initial setup. And I mean initial setup, because is not even connected to a computer. The printer has letter size paper but there is nothing we can do as we already tried to do the alignment test as goes back to say that there is not paper and then to load photo paper.
Are we force to setup this thing with HP+ service or whatever is called? Is there a way to skip that? What we have to do to make single documents printings?
06-16-2022 10:45 AM
@JuanAguilar, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.
I understand you are not able to complete the printer setup due to this error. Kindly follow the steps mentioned in this document - Printer setup guide
HP customers have options when purchasing HP printers. There are functionally equivalent HP printers available without HP+.
For more info, click here.
Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
06-23-2022 05:45 AM
I understand the printer is stuck on the initialization screen. A semi-full reset is not possible in this scenario.
Reset the printer (Skip if tried)
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn ON the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Note: HP recommends connecting the printer directly to a wall outlet rather than a surge protector or a power strip.
Reinsert the ink cartridges.
If this does not help, unplug the power cable and hold the power button down for 10-15 seconds and release it. Power on the printer and check.
If the issue persists,
- I've sent you a private message with further instructions to resolve this issue.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Keep me posted for any other assistance.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community