Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used to be able to print photos with no problem. However when I last tried after an update to the firmware, I found that I got an 'Out of Paper' error whenever I tried to print any photo (4" by 6"). I have tried two different packs of paper now (180 GSM) the same as I have always printed on. I cannot update the firmware as it says it is up-to-date and it updates automatically anyway as it is always connected to the wifi network. 

I have tried the suggested fixes such as cleaning the pickup rollers and resetting the printer. It prints on plain paper and A4 photo paper fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@AndyB63

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
  5. Turn on the printer to complete the reset. 

If the issue persists, follow the next steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/hp-envy-photo-6200-all-in-one-printer-series/9073045/model/1648...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@AndyB63

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, let's reset the printer to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

NOTE: HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
  5. Turn on the printer to complete the reset. 

If the issue persists, follow the next steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/hp-envy-photo-6200-all-in-one-printer-series/9073045/model/1648...

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.