Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP LaserJet Enterprise 500 MFP M525 ADF will not pull paper through even after replacing the roller kit.

Model Number CF117A

• The paper is in pulled in and stops after a few inches and the ADF makes grinding noises.
  • Issue persists after roller maintenance kit is installed  
  • Separate issue: Copying from the glass works but is lighter on the left side of the page.
  • Print quality from computers is excellent.
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Mdkmiami,

These are the steps I can suggest:

1. Make sure the ADF paper path is clear of any debris or bits of paper.

2. Test all ADF sensors if they are working properly.

3. If you still have these grinding noises, then the driving mechanism may be damaged.  It's not easy, but by disassembling the ADF and getting access to the driving mechanism, you can have a look at the gears and see if there is something stuck there or they are damaged.

4. Replace the ADF

I hope this helps

cheers

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

Thank you for your suggestions. I followed the HP instructions associated with the paper jam codes. I have ordered the entire ADF unit for replacement and reviewed the ADF removal steps provided on YouTube.

Have a good day!

HP Recommended

Replacing the entire ADF unit solved the paper jamming problem. The replacement was a rather easy procedure.  A YouTube video was instrumental in getting the replacement done.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.