Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-05-2022 11:29 PM
HP MFP M177fw printer : Error message is Jam in output bin, open rear door. However, No paper jam and the printer is restarted, still same error message, and printer cartridge cannot be rotated to the position for replacement
09-06-2022 07:03 PM
To manually rotate and remove toner cartridges:
- Turn the printer OFF
- Open the top cover on your printer so you can see the toner cartridges
- On the left hand side of the black frame you will see a picture of the printer
- To the right of the picture you will see an oval hole with a white plastic piece inside it
- Use something to push down on the white plastic piece
- While pushing down on the white plastic piece, use your hand to rotate the carousel backwards.
- Avoid touching the toner, but grab the handle of the cartridge and remove it
- Set the cartridges on a piece of paper
- Continue to rotate the carousel until all cartridges have been removed
- Once all cartridges have been removed, please close the cartridge access lid. Please leave the cartridges out of the printer for now. With the cartridge removed from the printer turn the printer ON.
The printer may come on to an 'install cartridges' message, just ignore this for now
With the printer ON, disconnect the power cable from the rear of the printer for 1 minute
- Plug the power cable back in
- The printer will start back up on its own
- Once the printer comes on you should see another prompt to install the missing cartridges
- Lift the lid on the printer and install each cartridge in the color coded slot
A paper output bin jam error indicates a possible fuser jam or a broken fuser exit sensor. Fuser. RM2-0157-000CN. You will need the repair manual. Good luck.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community