Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-31-2022 07:17 PM
My HP OfficeJet 3830 is not feeding paper though it even after I've cleaned the paper rollers. I've followed the tips HP has given on their website to fix this problem, but they haven't fixed the issue.
My warranty for this printer expired a LONG time ago and I'm not sure what else I can do to fix it.
09-18-2022 03:34 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a paper feed issue with your zHP Officejet 3830 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP OfficeJet 3830, DeskJet 3830 Printers - 'Out of Paper' Displays, Printer Does Not Pick Paper
Reference Video: Fix an HP OfficeJet 3830 Printer When It Does Not Pick Up Paper
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community