Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-22-2022 09:11 AM
After cleaning the feed rollers with a lint free cloth & slightly damp water, when I try and scan to my desktop, it sounds like it starts to put the paper but then throughs an error message. Any idea what my issue may be? Maybe thinking it's a sensor problem.
11-27-2022 05:29 AM
Welcome to HP Support Community. This is a great place to post questions and find answers.
Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.
I see that you are facing paper pick issues with ADF of your HP OfficeJet 5740 E-All-In-One Printer.
Please follow the steps below to perform a power reset:
1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
3. Wait at least 60 seconds.
4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
5. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
6. Turn on the printer and try printing.
You may also refer to the steps in this document.
Let me know if this works and have a good day.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community