Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-09-2022 06:44 AM - edited 05-09-2022 06:47 AM
Printer does not take photo paper from the tray, and gives "out of paper" issue every time.
** for normal printing papers it is working fine
05-09-2022 11:31 AM
Some of the usual causes of this issue:
- Printer is dirty
- Paper type is not supported - for example, the paper might be heavier than the printer supports or quality of the paper is not adequate
- Settings are incomplete and / or incorrect for the current job
- Printer is not aware of the paper size / type loaded in the tray - Tray and Paper Management
- The paper size is not supported in the Photo Tray (and should instead be loaded in the main tray)
- Printer Firmware is outdated
- Printer is "stuck" and would benefit from being Reset / Restarted
- Full Driver Printer software needs to be uninstalled / reinstalled
After any hardware / reset / Jam issues have been addressed,
Next, check for job setup (Printing Preferences) and software reload.
Section: Paper Handling
Example - Tray and Paper Management
Jams and Feed Problems > Issues and solutions
Section: Internal Power Supply - Step 1
HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community