Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-30-2021 11:46 AM
I have a HP ENVY Photo 7855 that keeps giving me a paper jam message. After looking several times for possible blockages, I realize its a false flag. There is not a shred of paper in any of the four areas of the unit. Please advise.
12-03-2021 01:04 PM
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,
I understand you are getting this error on the printer screen. Check if the printer carriage is moving freely inside the printer. Kindly perform the steps mentioned in this document - 'Carriage Jam' or 'E3' Error Displays and A 'Paper Jam' Error Displays
And, also reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet. If the issue persists, follow next steps.
Update the printer firmware if possible
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your PC.
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the error persists, please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the service options for your printer. You may create a case on the website to obtain a case number if required. Kindly watch this video to know how.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community