Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-21-2022 06:27 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting 0x6100004a error on the printer, I am glad to assist you.
Make sure the cartridge access door is closed
- To avoid errors or other problems, make sure the cartridge access door is fully closed.
- Open the cartridge access door.
- Remove the paper path cover, and remove any torn paper, labels, or other obstructions that might be inside.
- Reinsert the paper path cover, making sure it is fully inserted into the printer so that it does not interfere with closing the access door.
- Close the door, ensuring it is fully seated.
Clear the error message
- Remove the ink cartridges and retart the printer to clear the error message.
- Press the power button to turn off the printer.
- With the printer off, open the cartridge access door.
- Turn the power on and wait for the carriage to move.
- With the printer on, unplug the printer from power.
- Remove the ink cartridges and set them aside. It might be necessary to manually slide the carriage to access the cartridges.
- With the access door still open, turn the printer on, and then wait for the printer to complete the start-up sequence.
- Once the carriage returns to the center and the error is clear, install the ink cartridges. If the error does not clear, repeat these steps up to three times.
Keep me posted.
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community