Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-08-2022 09:44 AM
- When tray 2 is more than roughly half full of 8.5"x11" letter, the printer will incorrectly detect the paper size as A5 almost every time (let's say 9/10 times).
- The tray is not over-filled.
- Upon removing about half the paper, it correctly reads the size. But, if I add more paper, it starts to mis-read at roughly 75% full.
- When printer correctly reads size, it will print without issue (printed 50 pages).
- Unit had new genunie HP branded maintenance kit installed about 6 weeks ago, still registers as 100%.
- Confirmed size selector is set correctly.
- Thoroughly dusted unit and checked for any small pieces of paper that might be jammed in the paper path.
- Confirmed no obvious damage to the tray; all levers, springs, etc. appear intact.
- Replaced pickup rollers again with new.
- Tested with a tray from a second M607 currently in production and it still happens.
- Confirmed to be on the proper size. Upon removing about half the paper, it will correctly show "letter".
- I also updated the firmware to the most current, just in case.
Does this mean I must replace the entire pickup assembly?
09-10-2022 11:21 PM
Make sure that when you installed the pickup roller assembly that you did not accidently get the paper height lever on top of the roller assembly. It is easy to do, especially if you have your hand in the tray cavity and try to lift the roller into place that way. I would have to look at a manual but I do not think the tray size switches are in the pickup assembly but I am honestly not 100% sure.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community