Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While Trying to print on transparent glossy vinyl paper 100 gsm the machine is chewing up the paper just as it’s about to come out 

ive tried numerous paper setting but it’s still does it 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

That printer model doesn't support vinyl paper, if it jams when the printer is set to print on labels or transparencies forget about printing on vinyl you are wasting paper and time.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Of course it prints on vinyl sticker sheets .. it works ok on standard ones 

HP Recommended

It prints for sure but it doesn't support vinyl. That is a big difference.

You can drive any car offroad, but it depends on the car for how long. 

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You are completely wrong .. I checked with Hp and they said of course you can printer on sticker paper .. you should refrain before giving stupid and misleading opinions when you don’t know what you are talking about 

thousands of people use this printer with labels bought from the likes of onlinelabels and the like 

We have now solved the problem thanks to people who DO know what they are talking about .. 

HP Recommended

While Trying to print on transparent glossy vinyl paper

In your opening post you wrote vinyl, the printer supports printing on labels, but it doesn't support vinyl those two are different types of media.

You are missleading with information from the start, please choose what paper are you trying to print is it labels or vinyl.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about and No it’s not misleading what I said because all those sticker paper suppliers actually  call it glossy sticker vinyl paper go look  .. what do you think the actual sticker part is made of? yup vinyl that’s why it’s on the packet

Evergreen Goods - A4 Quality Glossy Self Adhesive Vinyl - laser only 

And why do you think it says “laser” because it’s meant to be used on laser printers just like mine  .. anyone who knows anything  about printing different types of media would know this. 
I don’t need your advice thank you 

HP Recommended

My apologies, good luck with printing on vinyl on an HP laser printer that doesn't support vinyl.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.