Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp OfficeJet Pro 6978

The printer error "Load Paper in Tray" won't go away when I try to print a document and there's paper in the tray already. I have had inconsistent success with printing an alignment page during a semi-rest or wireless information page.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it throws the same error. I've cleaned the rollers multiple times and reset the printer according to this page https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-250-mobile-all-in-one-printer-series/5156319/docum...

But everytime I try to print, the error returns.

What are my options now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Meeshellem, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Meeshellem, Welcome to HP Support Community!

The only option left is to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same issue - continual "Load Paper in Tray" error message. Please send me instructions to reset. My printer is HP OfficeJet Pro 6960 using driver 4.5.0.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue as of today. I have tried everything suggested and it's still the same.  I also uninstalled the new Windows 10 update in case that was the issue - still the same though. I have the HP Envy 5010. 

HP Recommended

I am receiving this same error for my HP Officejet 6500A Plus.  Is there a solution specific to this printer that you have that can resolve/fix this issue?  I look forward to hearing from you.  Thanks in advance.

BKM856

HP Recommended

I ended up giving up and bought a new printer - tried everything on here and nothing worked. Seems very suspicious to me that so many printers end their life with similar error - built in obsolescence perhaps...... Getting us to replace our printers......??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.