Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M254nw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

For the second time with my M254nw I am getting an error message Jam in Tray 1. I have never used Tray 1 since owning the printer and its a home business so no one else has. I have checked Tray 2 and all the internals and no paper jam anywhere. Have been to Virtual Support and gone through the suggestions including disconnecting from Mains for 30 seconds and then restarting, done this multiple times. Have reinstalled the drivers. Nothing works, Jam in Tray 1 error continues. Previously the following was suggested by support:

Try these steps -

1) Take out the cartridges.

2) Unplug the power cord from the printer & wall.

3) Wait for 30 seconds. 

4) Plug the power cord back into the printer and wall, ensure the printer is plugged into the wall & not to a surge protector.

5) Insert the cartridges back into the printer.

This worked the first time, but now it is not. I have also tried resetting the NVRAM and Super NVRAM per support suggestion, but the printer will not perform this task with the work steps suggested and simply goes to the Paper Jam error message.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Matt9570, Welcome to HP Support Community!

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.