Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro M255DW
Linux

I think about buying a LaserJet Pro M255DW since it meets all my issues except one:

I will have to print on A4 paper of 250g/qm. Looking up the technical data I found the following statements

Media type: .... besides others: cardboard

Media weight:  Up to 220g/qm (can be set by software) 

My question now is:

Is it possible to print even on 250g/qm  A4 paper? Thickness of this particular paper type: 0.25mm 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You will hardly find a new printer that can handle such heavy paper.

In the old days, the location of the fuser ( lower part of the printer) could make the printer to print heavier media, nowadays the location of fuser has changed ( upper part of the printer)  the printers are faster, smaller in dimensions but they can't handle paper heavier than 160 gsm.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

No, it will jam. Maximum recommended for plain paper is 163 gsm, everything above that will jam. 

The printer supports cards up to 220 but those are cards not cardstock ( don't mix cards and cardstock).

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks for that answer bus this does not really solve my problem. Is there any known HP printer which is able to print on this type of paper?  The printer I used before has been a HP Color LaserJet 2840 which worked without any problem over years. In the end I'm just looking for a replacement for that printer.

HP Recommended

You will hardly find a new printer that can handle such heavy paper.

In the old days, the location of the fuser ( lower part of the printer) could make the printer to print heavier media, nowadays the location of fuser has changed ( upper part of the printer)  the printers are faster, smaller in dimensions but they can't handle paper heavier than 160 gsm.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Although this sadly does not solve my problem - thanks for the answer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.