Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-22-2022 09:42 AM - last edited on 09-22-2022 01:47 PM by MayS
My HP Desk Jet 4155 is on but says “paper jam and not responding” but there is no paper jam. It will not print
09-26-2022 02:09 PM - edited 09-26-2022 02:10 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a false paper jam issue with your HP DeskJet Plus 4155 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Are you able to make a copy fine?
- What application are you trying to print from?
- Have you tried printing from any other application or device?
While you respond to that, let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware & macOS
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
- Update software on Mac
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP DeskJet 2700, 4100, 4800 printers - E4 (Paper jam) error
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community