Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-09-2021 08:18 AM
My HP7134 printer won't load 7x5 photo paper, although A4 and 6x4 work fine. I've tried the usual suggestions, cleaning etc.
The display tells me to load paper, which of course I've already done.
11-09-2021 10:34 AM
"Won't feed" and "won't load" are different though there are some overlapping considerations.
Add the following to your checkpoints...
(Re)check your paper to make sure it meets paper size / weight supported by the printer.
Section Paper Handling
If you have not done so,
Install the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software
Where is Full Feature Software (includes HP Scan)?
- When / If available, install your printer software using HP Easy Start
- Home Page - HP Easy Start >> Open Category Software and Drivers > Topic: Software-Utility > Download and save the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software
- When asked, choose to install the Full Driver
- After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in
Load your 5x7 photo paper into the main tray, print side face down and narrow ends front / back.
Reference: User Guide - Starting on Page 16
Alert the printer to the paper loaded in the tray.
Set your Printing Preferences for printing on the paper, selecting the paper size AND the tray (source).
Set the Preferences – Windows
- This section is not applicable to Mobile Printing.
- Access to the complete Printer Preferences requires having installed the Full Driver printer software.
- Printing Preferences are available directly from the driver.
- Printing Envelopes? See NOTE
Control Panel > icon view > Devices and Printers
Right-Click on your printer > Printing Preferences
- When called from within printing software / applications, Printing Preferences might be called "Printer Properties" / "Shortcuts" / “More Settings” / “Properties” or similar.
- No Size? If the size of the Paper Size is not included in the Drop-down list, consider / try: Create a Custom Paper Size Form. Reference: HP Printers - Creating Custom Paper Sizes
NOTE >> Preferences and Envelopes:
Select / leave Printing Preferences Shortcut to "Everyday Printing" or something equally benign.
When configuring the print job, select the source (Tray) as opposed to leaving as "Automatic"
Example - HP Smart - Windows - Simple Photo Print - 5x7 inches - Borderless
References / Resources
If you have not done so,
HINT: Watch out for and UNCHECK unwanted extra software
NOTE: Adobe Reader DC software can be installed even if you do not normally open / view / print PDF files directly from the Adobe Reader DC software.
HP Smart is an application available in the Microsoft Store
Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App
OR Open and Read >>> HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)
- Disconnect from Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection before downloading.
- Turn on Wi-Fi on your computer or mobile device and connect to your network. If the computer is connected to the network with an Ethernet cable, temporarily disconnect the cable and use the Wi-Fi connection during the setup.
- HP Smart requires that you sign into the application using your HP Account credentials.
- HP Smart benefits (likes) having the Full Feature Software / full driver printer software installed. For example, full driver provides access to Shortcuts and Printing Preferences.
- Document includes the HP Smart application download links for Windows and Mobile devices, plus an FAQ section to assist with questions / issues.
- What are the requirements to use the HP Smart app?
- Which printers are compatible with the HP Smart app?
- Why do I need to sign in or create an account to use the HP Smart app features?
- Which languages does the HP Smart app support?
- FAQ examples:
- Older versions of the HP Smart app no longer support the required login feature.
- Update the application to the latest version to access / use HP Smart
“Things that are your printer”
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) aCategory > Topic > Subtopic
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community