Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-15-2022 03:01 AM
HP Envy 7640
The screen shows Out of Paper. I am NOT out of paper and I am using the same paper as I always have done. I have switched the machine off at the mains and back on again and the problem still exists. I have looked inside and I cannot see that any paper is jammed.
09-18-2022 01:52 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP ENVY 7640 Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP ENVY 7640, OfficeJet 5740, 8040 Printers - 'Out of Paper' Displays and Printer Does Not Pick Pape...
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
11-06-2022 03:51 AM
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. I understand you have purchased another HP Printer and If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.
Have a great day ahead!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as Solution" and "Kudos, Thumbs Up" buttons on the public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community