Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-30-2022 12:55 PM - edited 06-30-2022 01:03 PM
Hello everyone. I hope somebody can help please, My printer will not accept paper, there is no jam, the feed is clear. I have 'NO' orange light flashing, in fact NO orange light at all. I have tried a hard reset, i have removed the printer and installed again. I have a wifi service to the printer. When i try to print a Test Page, in fact any doc, i immediately get an 'Error' message on the print queue. Just to add.... when there is no paper in the printer the orange light is on, when i slowly start to drop paper into the housing/feed, the orange light goes off... as if there is some sort of sensor saying i simply dont like the paper coming in there??
07-03-2022 01:02 PM - edited 07-03-2022 01:02 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a paper feed issue with your HP Deskjet 3630 All-In-One Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
To assist better:
- Prior to the issue was there any paper jam on the printer?
- Does the issue occur when you try to make a copy as well?
- Do you see any error displaying on the tiny printer display E1, E2, E3, or E4?
While you respond to that, I request you to try the below-mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
Note: Paper jams can be real or false. The printer might report a paper jam even when there is no jammed paper.
- Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.
- Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a Hard reset on the printer.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, and press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
- Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test document and check if it works.
I have found a wonderful document that should help to resolve this issue - An 'E4' Error Displays (Paper Jam) - Click here
I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community