01-05-2022 11:11 AM
I continue to get the "paper jam" error message. But I have thoroughly cleared & checked all areas of printer, front & back around the ink cartridges & all rollers , carriage and paper trays, all areas are now clear.
2. I cleaned all rollers. 3. I am able to move the print mechanism & it moves freely & easily along the bar.
4. I reset the printer by turning it on, pulling the plug, waited 60 seconds for the reset then plugged it back in.
5. the spring that is supposed to hold the feed rollers down is good & properly in place.
6. I can turn the gears. sprockets at the bottom of the print feed mechanism & they DO turn the rollers.
7. I put some light pressure on the roller mechanism with my finger to try & push it down, but it will not move down to contact paper in the tray.
8. I opened the side of the printer where there is a complex system of gears, they all seem to operate normally. PLEASE ADVISE WHAT THE PEOBLEM MAY BE & HOW TO FIX IT. I really like this printer. It has all the features I want & use.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community