Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
04-10-2022 09:31 AM
Paper continues to jam upon feeding, and seems to result from a misaligned feed. I have confirmed there is not jammed paper in the printer, turned off and unplugged the printer and followed all options from the virtual assistant but the problem persists.
04-13-2022 09:23 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
I understand you are facing a paper jam issue.
Try the below suggestions -
Step 1: Clear jammed paper from the printer
Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.
- Clear jammed paper from the input tray
- Clear jammed paper from the output tray area
- Clear jammed paper from inside the printer
- Clear jammed paper from underneath the printer
- Clear jammed paper from the automatic document feeder
If the error persists after checking all paper paths, continue to the next step.
Step 2: Clean the paper feed rollers
Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues. Clean the rollers inside the printer, and then try to print again.
Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord and any other cables.
You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.
Raise the input tray, and then lift and hold the input tray shield.
Do not remove the input tray shield. The input tray shield prevents foreign debris from falling into the paper path and causing paper jams.
Look inside the open input tray, and then find the gray paper pick rollers.
Dampen a long cotton swab with distilled water, and then squeeze out any excess water.
Press the swab against the rollers, and then rotate them upward with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove dust or dirt buildup.
Allow the rollers to dry for 10 minutes.
Reconnect the power cord and any other cables to the rear of the printer.
Turn on the printer.
Try to print. If the error persists, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Reset the printer
Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the power source.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
For instructions , refer to -https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06279826
Try to print. If the error persists,
- I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community