Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
09-11-2022 03:33 AM
My printer is rolling the new paper out but it jams half way before printing. I removed the paper and it was at an angle. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, I've refilled the tray, tried testers etc, and the same thing. Help please!
09-11-2022 09:47 AM
Welcome to the HP Community Forum.
Operating System: MacOS 12.0 Monterey
My printer is rolling the new paper out but it jams half way before printing.
I removed the paper and it was at an angle.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong,
I've refilled the tray, tried testers etc, and the same thing. Help please!
There are several reasons paper jams when it has not done so previously:
- Dirty Printer / Dirty rollers (inside printer)
- Unsupported paper size, type, weight
- Old Printer - worn out mechanics - things that used to work no longer fully function as expected
- Paper that should be supported but is not recognized by the current job settings
- Paper that is too damp - yes, this can be a thing. Humidity plays a part in how well the printer performs normal tasks
- Printer alignment - cartridges need alignment
- Corrupt Printer software -- less likely, but might influence how the printer is perceiving the settings
Randomly selected troubleshooting guides - likely similar to the guide used for your printer model:
HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer - Solve Problems
“Things that are your printer”
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more
Enter the device type and model name of your HP device
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community