Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
MacBook Air
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

My Office Jet all in One just starting jamming repeatedly while the paper is still in the rollers. It has always worked perfectly and I have not changed the type of paper I am using.  I am wondering if there is something I should run through the rollers, like the lubricant papers you use for shredders, to lubricate the mechanism?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would NOT recommend trying to run any lubricants or cleaning agents through the printer. You will just contaminate the paper path of the printer. It's possible the feed rollers are just dirty or wearing out. Do you know how many pages you have printed with this device? If the printer is over a couple years old, you may consider replacing it. Since you are using a MAC< you may want to delete the printer and add it back in case there have been changes with the MAC software- tried air print?

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I would NOT recommend trying to run any lubricants or cleaning agents through the printer. You will just contaminate the paper path of the printer. It's possible the feed rollers are just dirty or wearing out. Do you know how many pages you have printed with this device? If the printer is over a couple years old, you may consider replacing it. Since you are using a MAC< you may want to delete the printer and add it back in case there have been changes with the MAC software- tried air print?

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended

Thanks!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.