Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-28-2022 04:36 PM
About every second or third time I try to pull out the paper tray, something sticks on the left side completely preventing it from pulling out. The only way to get it out at that point is to shut down the printer. After shutting the printer down, the paper tray slides out normally with no problem. It will usually then work one or two more times, before getting stuck again. It's obviously annoying. Any suggestions on what could be causing this and how to fix? Thanks.
03-03-2022 05:25 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
I understand the paper tray jams intermittently and a reset resolves the issue for some time.
Try the below suggestions -
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Check for jams and broken parts inside the printer, for instructions you may refer -to Paper Jam Error
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community