Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer

My printer says « paper Jam » and there is no paper jam.  It says to call HP but my warranty expired years ago.

I turned it off and back on a few times over a few days.  Fixable or time for a new printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I spoke to a tech guy yesterday who told me that my printer/copier was obsolete - couldn’t support current software.  That we could try to fix the paper jam but would likely soon have another problem.  Should probably just get a new one.  He was helpful in picking out comparable replacement models.  Interestingly, the one he suggested was not available directly through HP but available at Staples and Best Buy within 1-2 days and buying HP could be a few weeks.   I picked out a less expensive model that was basically the same except for ink and warranty plans and with the savings got the extended warranty at Staples.  Also, returns to HP might involve a big restocking fee, whereas the stores just accept the return.  Thanks and good luck with yours!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Perhaps you have already tried these instructions: www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_XrLWzc1S4 ?
I am having the same problem with my printer. I suspect a soft hp compulsion to buy a new one 😞

Gé Enzo
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I spoke to a tech guy yesterday who told me that my printer/copier was obsolete - couldn’t support current software.  That we could try to fix the paper jam but would likely soon have another problem.  Should probably just get a new one.  He was helpful in picking out comparable replacement models.  Interestingly, the one he suggested was not available directly through HP but available at Staples and Best Buy within 1-2 days and buying HP could be a few weeks.   I picked out a less expensive model that was basically the same except for ink and warranty plans and with the savings got the extended warranty at Staples.  Also, returns to HP might involve a big restocking fee, whereas the stores just accept the return.  Thanks and good luck with yours!

HP Recommended

I have the same issue but I have an Envy 7640.  I print maybe 2 pages per month so I have no idea how this can happen when I rarely even use it.  Last time I printed it worked fine.  I tried to print today and got the error.  Have tried everything and spent hours trying to rectify it.  Beyond frustrated.

HP Recommended

I get the frustration.  I spent hours today trying to get the instant ink plan that came with the 8025e to take the enrollment and change from the old printer which won’t work, for which I keep getting messages that I need to connect it back online, to the new one.  Hours….no one available for phone consultation because of high call volume, looping repeatedly through the virtual assistant, eventually chatting with 2 experts who made it much more complicated than needed and before resolving it somehow got disconnected while i was following her instructions, then finally getting someone on the phone who resolved the issues and answered my questions in a reasonable way.   I can’t see how it serves HP to have such inefficient processes.  Certainly doesn’t serve the customers.  Have to say, the new 0ffice jet pro 8025e seems pretty good so far.  Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.