Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to print on photo paper.  I have some Epson Premium Glossy photo paper, 10.4 mil 97% Opacity.  When I send the print job the paper gets jammed in the rollers in the back of the printer.  I tried a thinner paper same result. I put the print setting on photo paper.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mawilliams200

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are unable to print on glossy photo paper, I am glad to assist you.

To avoid paper jams and other issues, make sure you are using the correct size and type of photo paper when loading the input tray.

Refer to "supported photo" papers under "paper-handling specifications" in this link:- Click here

Meanwhile:-

Clean the rollers from inside the ink cartridge access area

Clean the rollers inside the ink cartridge access area.

1. Turn off the printer, and then disconnect the power cord and any other cables.

WARNING: 

You must disconnect the power cord before reaching inside the printer to avoid risk of injuries or electric shock.

2. Place your fingers into the slot on the left side of the printer, and then pull to open the cartridge access door.

Image: Opening the ink cartridge access door

3. Lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with the water, and then squeeze any excess liquid from the cloth.

4. Press the cloth against the rollers inside the printer, and then rotate the rollers upwards with your fingers. Apply a moderate amount of pressure to remove any dust or dirt buildup.

Image: Clean the rollers in the cartridge access area

5. Allow the rollers to dry completely (approximately 10 minutes).

6. Close the ink cartridge access door.

Image: Closing the cartridge access door

7. Reconnect the power cord and any other cables, and then turn on the printer.

Reset the printer

Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the power source.

3. Wait 60 seconds.

4. Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.

Here is the HP document for your future reference:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.