Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
03-23-2022 02:38 PM
I'm trying to print photos stored on my computer on 4x6 photo paper. The Envy 7255 Printer always select the 8.5 x 11" paper tray and prints the photo larger than the 4 x 6" size i specified. What am I 'm doing wrong? I'm using the HP Smart software to print with.
04-01-2022 03:31 PM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that your printer is printing on the wrong paper sizes, I am glad to assist you.
This seems to be a driver issue, follow these steps to fix the issue.
Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install the printer using the HP Smart app
Click here to download
If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
04-01-2022 08:33 PM
By trial and error I found out that the photo paper had a slight curve to it so I carefully rolled it to remove the curvature. I only placed 4sheets of photo paper in the tray so it was not a heavy load of paper that would flatten out the curved paper. After flattening out the photo paper, the printer started selecting the photo paper tray and not the 8.5 x 11 “ sheet pAper. Thanks for the help.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community