Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 3752 All-in-One Printer

Google states this printer the hp Deskjet 3752 will print on thermal carbon transfer paper, but when I try it feeds it through way to fast and then it jams and eats this very expensive paper. Please help any advice is appreciated

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@tabkat88 

@tabkat88 wrote:

Google states this printer the hp Deskjet 3752 will print on thermal carbon transfer paper, but when I try it feeds it through way to fast and then it jams and eats this very expensive paper. Please help any advice is appreciated

Google says a lot of stuff - some of it is true, of course.

Printer Specifications

Printer Specifications for HP DeskJet 3700 Printers

Section:  Paper Handling

Sub-section:  Paper tray capacities

The following table contains the recommended maximum amount of paper to use in each tray.
note:
Output tray capacity is affected by the type of paper and the amount of ink you are using. HP recommends emptying the output tray frequently.
Weight
Capacity
Input tray
Paper
60 to 90 g/m2 (16 to 32 lb bond)
Up to 60 sheets of plain paper
Photo paper
Up to 300 g/m2 (145 lb bond)
Up to 20 sheets
Labels
n/a
Up to 10 sheets
Envelopes
75 to 90 g/m2 (20 to 24 lb bond envelope)
Up to 5 envelopes
Cards
Up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index maximum)
Up to 20 cards
Output tray
Paper
60 to 90 g/m2 (16 to 32 lb bond)
Up to 25 sheets
Photo paper
Up to 300 g/m2 (145 lb bond)
Up to 20 sheets
Labels
n/a
Up to 10 sheets
Envelopes
75 to 90 g/m2 (20 to 24 lb bond envelope)
Up to 5 envelopes
Cards
Up to 200 g/m2 (110 lb index maximum)
Up to 20 cards

and

Media Size (facet)A4; Letter; Legal; B5
Media Sizes Custom (imperial)3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in
Media Sizes Custom (metric)76 x 127 to 216 x 356 mm
Media TypesPlain paper, Matte Brochure Papers, Glossy Brochure Papers, Photo papers, Envelopes, Other specialty inkjet papers
Media Weight Recommended (imperial)20 lb
Media Weight Recommended (metric)75 g/m²
Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (Imperial)Letter: 16 to 32 lb; HP envelopes: 20 to 24 lb; HP cards: up to 110 lb; HP 4 x 6 inch photo paper: up to 145 lb
Media Weights Supported, By Paper Path (metric)A4: 60 to 90 g/m²; HP envelopes: 75 to 90 g/m²; HP cards: up to 200 g/m²; HP 10 x 15 cm photo paper: up to 300 g/m²

Does "other specialty inkjet papers" include thermal paper?  Maybe - though I would think it must be within the limits of supported paper weights.

Assuming the Full Feature Software is installed,

Try setting the paper size as supported - select the paper type (media) as "Specialty" paper

References / Resources

HP DeskJet and Ink Advantage 3700 All-in-One Print and Scan Driver and Accessories 

HP Printer Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 3752 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thanks!

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

thermal carbon paper can be challenging for a printer. To slow it down you may be able to use a different paper type setting such as glossy or label, but you are probably going to have to experiment a little to find one that works. This will also require that when you are printing you set the paper type on the print job to the same type to prevent a paper mismatch error. 

Feeding can also be an issue as the chemical applied to the paper can over time ,coat the rollers causing slippage.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.