Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

The load paper in tray error will not go away not matter what I do and it had been printing fine until a few days ago.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @mattysat ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand how frustrating it is when printer errors persist despite your efforts. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to resolve the "Load Paper in Tray" error on your HP OfficeJet 8030:

• Check Paper Tray: Make sure the paper tray is properly inserted into the printer and that it contains enough paper. Sometimes the paper may not be properly aligned or loaded, triggering the error.
  • Paper Type and Size: Ensure that the paper loaded in the tray matches the paper size and type settings configured on the printer. Incorrect settings can cause the printer to display errors.
  • Restart Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for a few minutes, and then plug it back in. Turn the printer back on and see if the error persists. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues.
  • Update Printer Firmware/Driver: Check if there are any available firmware updates for your printer on the HP website. Similarly, ensure that you have the latest printer drivers installed on your Windows 11 system. Outdated firmware or drivers can cause compatibility issues and errors. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer: Perform a reset on your printer to clear any temporary issues. You can usually find the reset option in the printer's settings menu. Refer to your printer's user manual for instructions on how to reset it.
  • Clean Paper Feed Rollers: Over time, paper feed rollers can accumulate dust and debris, leading to paper feeding problems. Clean the paper feed rollers using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water or isopropyl alcohol. Refer to your printer's manual for guidance on accessing and cleaning the rollers.
  • Check for Jammed Paper: Even a small piece of paper stuck inside the printer can trigger error messages. Open the printer cover and carefully check for any jammed paper or debris. If you find any, gently remove it.

Refer to this document: HP OfficeJet Pro 8030 All-in-One Printer series

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.