Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My printer product is HP 5540 All-in-One Printer.  The feature to select "Print on Both sides" has disappeared from the Print 0ptions. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Mauny

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that duplex printing option is disappeared, I am glad to assist you.

This seems to be a driver issue, follow these steps to fix the issue:-

Perform root level uninstallation to remove all the printer related software's.

• In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
  • Select your HP printer.
  • Select Uninstall.
  • In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
  • In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
  • Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
  • Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
  • Click on Drivers tab.
  • Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
  • Select OK.
  • Remove all instances of the same.
  • Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
  • Close Devices and Printers. 
  • Restart the PC again.

Download and install printer using HP full feature driver

Click here to download,

Follow these steps to enable duplexing

Steps to Enable Duplex Printing

• Click on the “ Notifications ” icon on the taskbar. You can find it at the bottom right corner of the screen.
  • Now, click on the “ All Settings ” button to open the Settings.
  • After opening the Settings app, go to the “ Devices ” page.
  • Select the “ Printers & Scanners ” page on the left panel.
  • Click on your default printer and click the “ Manage ” button.
  • Select the “ Printing Properties ” link from the list of options.
  • Go to the “ Device Settings ” tab.
  • Close the Settings app.

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 11 seems to like to either displace existing drivers or disable features.

Check this way:

On your computer go to control panel>devices and printers and then right click on the icon for your printer and select printer properties from the drop down menu. Click the about tab and make sure you have an HP driver installed and not a Microsoft or Class driver installed. If not an HP driver, uninstall and reinstall. If it is an HP driver, click on the device settings tab and scroll down till you see the duplex option and make sure it says installed, change if it does not.

duplex unit installed.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.