Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-21-2022 11:41 AM
HP ColorLaserJet MFP M281fdw.
When sending print job, on wired or wireless network, I get the message:
Or press(OK) to use
01-25-2022 10:16 AM
I'd like to help!
I understand you are receiving a "manual Feed, Plain, letter or press OK to use available media" message.
Try the below suggestions-
Reset the product
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
- Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
Also, try updating the printer's firmware -HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware
Follow these steps to configure the paper tray -
From the Home screen on the printer control panel, touch the Setup icon (or ).
Open the System Setup menu, and then open the Paper Setup menu.
Select the tray that you want to configure.
Select Paper Type, and then select the desired paper type for the tray.
Select Paper Size, and then select the desired paper size for the tray.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
And, Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping,
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community