Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
photosmart c5180

Hi !

Do you know :

- where I can buy this cog?

- how to replace it?

Thank you

2021-09-1819.54.22642188716.jpg

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Parts like that are not available from HP. Your options are going to be 3rd party or Ebay for someone parting out a device. In terms of instructions, again, unless someone has made a video, they do not exist for endusers.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi!

Right, I would be happy if I could, at least get a file to print the cog with a 3D printer. Can someone help with this?

About the videos for instructions, you mentionned "do not exist for endusers", So I understand they exist for some other people. I understand that HP keep these videos secret for new devices as HP sales services to fix the devices they sell. However, it would be a great step for environement if HP could publish them for old devices (like after 5 years). It seems HP care about environement, so why not helping people to fix their old device if they really care?

https://www.hp.com/us-en/hp-inFormation/social-innovation/environment.html

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

I would go further as to say that instructions do not exist, created by HP that are available to anyone other than the limited number of repair centers that are actually engaged in performing repair work and these are extremely limited. Most of these consumer products have no repair information available even to an authorized service partner such as myself. The selling price of most machines means that 99% of consumers will never consent to paying for a repair because they can replace the printer for less.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.