Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-12-2022 10:57 AM - edited 07-12-2022 10:59 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I'd like to help!
I understand you are receiving an E3 error
An E3 or E4 error indicates a carriage or paper jam.
Try the below suggestions-
Step 1: Automatically clear the jam
Press the Cancel button to try and automatically clear the paper jam.
If the paper jam error persists, continue these steps to manually clear the jam.
Step 2: Clear jammed paper from the printer
Paper jams can occur in multiple areas of the printer. If you cannot find the paper jam in one area, continue to the next area until the jam is located.
- Clear jammed paper from the ink cartridge access area
- Clear jammed paper from the input tray and cleanout area
- Clear jammed paper from the document feeder (DeskJet Plus Ink Advantage and ENVY Pro 6400)
Step 3: Clean the paper feed rollers
Dust, paper fiber, and other debris might accumulate on the paper feed rollers and cause paper jams and paper feed issues.
- Clean the rollers inside the ink cartridge access area
- Clean the rollers underneath the printer
- Clean the rollers in the ADF
Try to print. If the error persists, check for jammed paper in another area of the printer.
Step 4: Reset the printer
Sometimes a paper jam error persists even though there is no jammed paper (false paper jam). Reset the printer, which might clear a false paper jam error, and then try to print again.
With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
Unplug the power cord from the power source.
Wait 60 seconds.
Reconnect the power cord to a wall outlet and to the printer.
HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.
For instructions refer to -E4 (Paper Jam) Error
Also, try the steps in the document -'Carriage Jam' or 'E3' Error Displays
If the error persists,
- I've sent you a private message with further instructions to get this issue sorted.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community