Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-06-2022 12:07 PM
I got a paper jam in my HP OfficeJet Printer 8022e. I was unable to get the cartridge access door to open. I turned the printer off, waited a few minutes then turned it back on. I still could not get the cartridge access door to open. I turned it off again, then on again, it still would not open. I tugged on the stuck paper and was able to get it out in one piece, but still cannot get the cartridge access door to open. I would sure appreciate some help. Thanks!
10-10-2022 11:46 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing a carriage issue with your HP Printer. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Let's perform a power drain:
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle
Update the printer firmware
- Click here to download and install the latest printer firmware from your product
- Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.
If the issue persists, then please follow the steps mentioned in this document: HP Printers - Carriage jam or E3 error
If the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community