Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet pro mfp m281fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I got in trouble with my laserjet pro mfp m281fdw.

yesterday paper jammed from the bottom tray

in an attempt to remove the paper some pieces came off (they are NOT broken)

Here the pieces (n.2). The first one (the cylinder) was replugged by me. For the second one I don't know how to do...HP trouble.JPG

Could you help me? Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

This is how it should look, the picture is from the service manual, hope it helps:

Screenshot from 2020-10-25 12_27_38.png

The arrow shows that you can slide the roller holder #1 if necessary.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Dear Vasimot, thanx a lot for the reply, you got the issue!

However, my difficulty is in the plugging the cylinder with the plastic cover (now I've inserted the cylinder in the white plastic cover. Such a cylinder is provided by a 'spring', which have to be plugged, where?

Here the photo

Fabrizio_65_0-1603631012854.png

and here the area where it has to be plugged

Fabrizio_65_1-1603631108509.png

the manual shows some other pictures with the cylinder unplugged?

Where can I download the technical manual you refer?

Thanks again!!

HP Recommended

The service manual if not publicly available. I am attaching you pdf 3 pages from the service manual with more details.

Better picture from 2 pgage you can see the small portion of spring just under a black dot.

Screenshot from 2020-10-25 16_27_17.png

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.